Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE EXPERIENCE?
The event is
- approximately 4 hours in duration
from the time your Team arrives until they depart. Prior to the event,
- The Gourmet Spoon will work individually with each client to determine specific goals and needs.
Depending upon the scheduled time of the Team Building,
- a delicious Continental Breakfast or Charcuterie Table
will greet your Team and
- coffee service and bottled water will be provided
throughout the day. A
- full staff of assistants
will also be available to facilitate the session and assist your Team every step of the way. The Chef(s) will greet your Team, present a
- brief overview of the activities and provide safety information and a short knife skills seminar.
Participants will then be placed into smaller teams and each team will prepare part of the menu. During this time, customized skill building activities will be introduced.
When the meal is ready to serve,
- participants will either decorate a buffet or execute a formal plated service.
Then the Team will dine on the fruits of their labor with accompanying wines. During dessert, the Chef(s) will lead a
- Q&A discussion, highlighting the effects of the day’s events.
And of course, The Gourmet Spoon Team will take care of all of the clean-up!
Complete recipe packets will be provided to each Team member;
- logoed aprons, chef hats, chef coats and polo shirts
- teamwork merchandise and
- goodie bags are all available for purchase.
Please click here to view these items.
- HOW ARE THE MENUS PLANNED?
The menus are designed to create interaction among team members and to give them an opportunity to directly experience how they contribute to the whole. Chef Dan can also customize the menu to the season and to the corporation's stated objectives. Organic foods may be requested and Team Members with allergies will be accommodated. Click here to view Menu Options.
- HOW MANY TEAM MEMBERS CAN THE GOURMET SPOON ACCOMMODATE?
We can accommodate 8 to 180 Team Members but can make modifications to accommodate even more.
- WHEN SHOULD YOUR BUSINESS CONDUCT A CULINARY TEAM BUILDING EVENT?
You can use these events to
- encourage better communication amongst staff,
- improve working relationships, and
- reward accomplishments and quality staff with a fun and interesting outing.
- You can also evaluate your team's strengths and discover areas of improvement.
- You can also evaluate potential new employees before the hiring process.
An ideal time to host a team building event is during the holidays as it makes an ideal Employee Holiday Party.
- WHO ARE OUR CLIENTS AND WHAT ARE THEY SAYING ABOUT US?